It's been a while since a movie related to me as close as this film did. And the trailer was that good that it did not revealed the plot at all, all the while making it interesting enough for one to want to see it. Neither will I spoil it here. Suffice it to say that it has given some spark to my otherwise mundane existence, and allowed me to view my day-to-day activities in a new light. Not that it diverts significantly from how I view my life: in a way it sort of inspired me and confirmed to me to continue along the path that I have been taking all along.

Maybe I can say this much so that this won't be a candidate for the most cryptic post you've read: Adventure is a state of mind: it is right where you are!

Aside from that, the movie is quite engaging and very fun, especially if you are watching it with a 4-year-old (my son) who confirms to you each and every facet of the movie. The graphics are very good, which made me think if I should have watched it in 3D, since I preferred to see it in 2D after that disappointment in watching Ice Age 3 in 3D. Very few portions tended to be a drag, although the overall length of the film is a bit long, speaking for myself and my son. And like I said, the moral of the story, set in the plot it was in, made it a movie worth seeing. Although I have to say the moral lesson is more for us adults. Not only is it too deep for kids to grasp even with explanation, I also tend to think there is no need to teach them: they live by that moral lesson day in and day out. I guess that's the way it is: if you live by something, you don't get it when it's taught you from the outside. It is us adults who have grown up out of the lesson, to our loss.

Curious enough? Go catch it before it goes UP, UP, and AWAY!


Here's another movie review for you. Just click HERE.

3 Comments:

  1. Lin said...
    I loved this movie. That kid is hilarious!
    dojski said...
    I'm not reading this yet. Haven't watched it. Argghhhh!
    toguints said...
    Like I said, it's not a spoiler :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home