It's quite encouraging to find movies that both kids and adults can enjoy, with each one getting the point of the movie in somewhat different ways. I don't think my 4-year-old son understood it when one of the rodents said something about rising to the occasion and becoming great because somebody believed in you, regardless of where you started. But I do think he got the fact that even a rodent can put down a monster coffeemaker and an army of similar machines. And all that accomplished because of teamwork, perseverance, and risk-taking.

G-Force appeals because of our tendency to like something cute and cuddly doing something high-tech and risky. And of course, we like ordinary machines changing into futuristic robots and shooting lasers and wreaking havoc and stuff. Plus high-tech tools and gadgets with just the slight tinge of being real, now or sometime soon. The whole idea of G-Force is actually the use of non-human agents, be it biological or mechanical.

I like it that they kept mum on a possible love story. Maybe they can let it bloom on a future sequel. The redemption at the end of the movie is also something worth noting, keeping all those cuddly ones on the good side, which is easier for the little ones to digest. Lastly, nice pace. Not much "downtime" to keep everybody on their toes.

My only "problem" is that I didn't enjoyed using the eyeglasses that comes with watching the movie on 3D. Neither did my son. But that's a different matter altogether, and the subject of my future post.

Here's my take on another movie. Click HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home