Note: The following items apply only in the Philippines.

Wondering why those three words are together? Well, I found them together in a single page in Facebook. I have yet to find out how really "free" they are, but here's some info on them:

First, there's the free 18 inch Yellow Cab Pizza if you get approved for a Standard Chartered Credit Card. Just text (omit the quotes) "YCAB (space) SCB (space) Your Name" to 2338 for Globe and 3919 for Smart. You will receive a confirmation message informing you that a representative of Standard Chartered accredited agent will contact you soon.

Hopefully, the card is free for the first year. And there won't be a ton of documents to show before you can get approved. Another thing with credit card companies today is that you don't get any favors unless you use your card for a couple of times. I tried to have the annual subscription fee of my HSBC credit card waived, but I was told they can only do so if I use the card for at least seven times within the next month after the card needs to be renewed. I can almost expect I would need to use the SCB card for a couple of times before I can get a bite at that pizza. But I think that's reasonable enough.

The other one is actually a raffle from EventIdeas.ph. You fill up a form which will entitle you to join the raffle to win an all-expense paid vacation to Boracay for you and 4 of your friends. The form basically ask for information about your company and the events that it normally holds. The important part of it (at least for EventIdeas) is supplying the name and contact information of the person in charge with arranging for these company events. In addition, they get to have your email address for their mailing list. That may be a turn off to some, so at least be aware of what you are getting into.

That's it for now. I'll spread the word when I run across some more freebies. Also, if you would like me to feature some freebies you know, just send me an email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home