Just a quick follow up on what I've been learning about Cafe World. These include friend visits, renovations, and use of friend gifts.


Friendship Has Its Limits

I mentioned before that friend visits will allow you to earn xp points and coins at least once a day. But I thought back then that the xp and coins you will earn will depend on the level of your friend. Turns out it's a random thing. Even a level 1 friend can give you 5 xp and 20 coins, the highest I have seen so far. The reverse can happen as well, with a high level friend only giving you 1 xp and 5 coins. Looks reasonable to me, otherwise you will end up leveling primarily because of your friends' efforts. I think it's also one way to remedy the abuse of adding "temp" friends like what people have been doing at Restaurant City. If somehow you end up getting only a limited number of maximum rewards for friend visits, it doesn't really pay to add too many people when you will only earn 1xp every visit.


Renovate Carefully

Be careful in renovating when the equipment you are about to remove from your resto has something on it or you are using it. I lost an entire batch of one day's worth of cooking totaling 4,000 servings (or 16,000 coins @ 4 coins per serving) when I removed the serving table carrying the serving and replaced it with an upgraded serving table. All the while I thought the servings will be retained, since when I replaced a dirty stove with a higher model stove, the new one also ended up being dirty. I guess that's not the way the game is designed, where you lose valuable things without even being prompted. But since the game is in beta, it's really a case of renovate at your own risk. Also, try to minimize going in and out of the renovate mode, since it appears that the customers you have are reset when you go out of renovate mode, which means you lose out on those that were seated when you started renovating.


Maximize Your Gifts

You can maximize the use of friend gifts (those drinks they send you) if you use them when your tables are all full. However, if you happen to be like me who visit Cafe World only once a day, you may not expect to see a high popularity rating when you log in because the servings by then and it would have been a waste of resources to invest in so many tables and chairs when I know many of them will be non-earning perhaps half of the time. However, I am reserving the gifts for that golden moment when I can be online when my popularity is going up and I can supply as much tables and chairs as needed to keep up with the demand. Then I should use those gifts when I perceive that the maximum number of diners possible has been reached. Hopefully the waiting would be worth it. And hopefully that day would come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home