Ever had those situations when you wish you hadn't punched the ENTER button that sent out that email? Well, Google is out to help you not make that same mistake again, at least for certain times of the week. Mail Goggles is a setting you can turn on in Google Mail that will challenge you to a set of questions designed to check if you still have your wits on and really intent on sending that email. The challenge screen looks like the one at the top (click to go to Google blog for the rest of the info). As a default, Mail Goggles is only active on late night on the weekend, which they think is the time that you need it most (late party, anyone?)

I haven't tried the feature yet, as I am not really using GMail as my default email. But it gives me pause to try GMail more often. And don't worry, I am really sober when I sent this out.

1 Comment:

  1. dojski said...
    Gmail is my default mail but I haven't noticed this feature. Interesting. I hope, though, that I won't have need for it. ;)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home