I chanced upon The Cheese Companion Second Edition by Judy Ridgway in my local bookstore the other day. Much like the author, I am really interested in cheese, though I couldn't say I sampled more than the fingers I have in my hands. The cheeses I had weren't exactly the gourmet variety, more like the Industrial-era produced counterparts. But despite that, sampling some of them during Christmas season (cheese balls or queso de bola) when they are usually made better than the rest of the year and an occasional chance to get served in some cocktails kept my interest in it. Somehow, my intuition reasoning, if something of this quality tastes good, how much more is the real thing! I have to say, just likethe author, I would choose cheese over chocolate anyday (only pure dark chocolates could probably be a rival). And so it was really a joy for me to have bought the book and started on a journey of knowing more about this fascinating food.




I am currently into the history of cheese section of the book, and already it's raising my level of enthusiasm and inquisitiveness. I won't be surprising myself if I start a dedicated blog on cheese anyday soon. And I think I would spend the rest of this week thinking how I could get into all those wonderful places and sample their cheeses.

If you have any interest in cheese, do leave your comments along with information on the resources you have on this wonderful food. It might turn out there are a lot of us than we thought.

1 Comment:

  1. dojski said...
    Wow, that is quite a fascination with something I think about in passing only. And to buy a book about it!

    I thought the word "cheese" in the book meant something else. Something self-help, like "Who Moved My Cheese". Hehe.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home