Here's one interesting site. You answer a series of questions from this site, and for each correct answer, the sponsors (whose banner ads appear at the bottom of the screen) will donate 10 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program. You have several subjects to choose from, such as English vocabulary, Art, Chemistry, Geography, Basic Math, and Other Languages. The questions gets harder as you answer the questions correctly. And I have to say the questions (I answered the English vocabulary) are quite interesting.
The exercise also gave me pause. Here I am, in my cozy surroundings, answering some questions that could provide some vital sustenance to somebody. And the "prize" itself is food for thought: imagine 10 grains of rice! What is that to most of us? You wouldn't even pick it up if it fall on the ground. And yet, all over the world there are people who don't even have as much as that.
To date, almost 67 billion grains of rice has been donated through the site since it started in October 2007. Do try it and let me know what you have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home